April 23, 2008

Keepin' It Together

I just spent the day at the natural history museum with my daughter's second grade class. And, for purely scientific purposes, I'm going to share with you my own natural history observations (this is in no way an exhaustive list):

  • Boys and boogies go together like peanut butter and jelly.
  • Eight year olds do not take their movies, particularly Night at the Museum, lightly.
  • A full size grizzly on it's hind legs growling down at you from 10 ft., has the potential to make you pee your pants. (regardless of its living status)
  • I hate sack lunches.
  • And my daughter has already "learned" that:
    1. the earth "is" 4.5 billion years old.
    2. organisms "appeared" about 500 million years after the earth "came into being"
    3. After that, every few hundred million years, things "evolve" a little more until Ta-Da, here we are!

As a mother who nightly prays with/for her daughters, and always makes mention of how thankful she is to their Creator for creating each of them SO SPECIAL and designing each for an amazing purpose, I was disheartened. Not surprised. Not at all surprised. Just disheartened.

And then I watched this video. And after I picked my jaw up off the floor, I once again thanked my Creator for how insanely special he has designed each and every one of us.

Laminin. It does a body good.

Thanks Boomama for the link, it wrapped the day up quite nicely thankyouverymuch!