April 16, 2008

Spring Sprung

The wonderful effects of Spring on my back yard

Inhale.
Release.
*contended sigh*


I just love fresh sprouting Greens


My FAVORITE tree in our yard. Pure Bliss.


Wait a minute! What's this? What is that thing crushing my child's toy?


Oh Spring how could you?
I love your effects on the trees, but I hate what you've done to my fence.


The same weather that has given me breathtaking views has also added back-breaking work. Evidently, God in his divine wisdom has decided to use the effects of Spring on my backyard as a perfect metaphor of his hand in my life right now. I often think that the winds of Spring should only bring beauty and peace into my life. However, I forget that the fence was rotting and was in need of replacement. Perhaps this strong spring wind did us a bit of a favor.

So here I sit. Waiting. And trusting the God of the beautiful spring blossom to help me mend my broken fences.

And I mean that statement more metaphorically than literally. Cuz we'll probably have to, you know, hire someone for the fence repair job.

James 1:2-3 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.